Stories and insight in the world of showbiz and beyond.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

ATTENTION CLASS! THIS IS A TEST


I have been informed by an unimpeachable source that if I mention Paris Hilton in my blog, the amount of hits would increase quite substantially. Therefore, I'm going to conduct a test on that theory by naming eight unrelated subjects and keep a count of which one gets the most attention.

Paris Hilton, Paris Hilton, Paris Hilton, American Idol, George W. Bush, American Idol, George W. Bush, and Paris Hilton.

If what I was told turns out to be true, I will somehow work the winner into all future postings.

Googlers, start your engines.

Stay tuned.

9 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

You don't need to stoop THAT low, Lloyd!!
PLEASE DELETE THOSE NAMES AND THAT POST!!!!!!
Next!
Gary

4:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary, this is a test. I'm just curious to see if this is true.

By the way, Larry King is also having a test tonight at 9 EST.

I'll bet he is checking his ratings.

Lloyd

5:47 PM

 
Blogger Mike Barer said...

Did it work?

9:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Thaxton,

As you've probably found out by now, it is true; people will Google their idols' names and go anywhere to read more info about them.

Or to see nude photos of them.

Five years ago, I had a web site that was getting 300 hits a day. Then I posted a joke about Britney Spears naked, and watched the hits double.

Problem with this kind of bait is that no one who bites the bait is interested in reading fine, thought provoking material.

They just want to see naked photos.

John

7:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anony mouse:

How about George W. Bush naked. Would that work?

Or, is he already, "without clothes?"

Head Mouse

8:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about George W. Bush naked. Would that work?

They want to see naked photos of their idols, not their Presidents.

1:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got here by googling "Lloyd Thaxton" -- just wondered what you were up to!

2:14 PM

 
Blogger Gary said...

Paris Hilton.........SO WHAT!?
Gary

2:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Thaxton....I am a 55-year old guy who remembers coming home from high school in the 60s and watching your TV show...IT WAS THE BEST!!
I absolutely loved it and it is some of my favorite memories from back then...my all-time favorite was seeing The Supremes perform on your show!
Thanks for some great memories and I hope you stay well.
Brandon in L.A.

1:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home