Stories and insight in the world of showbiz and beyond.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ATTENTION MOUSE CLIQUERS - ALERT THE MEDIA

Many of you have been asking (thankyouverymuch), “When is the Lloyd Thaxton Show DVD coming out?" The good news is we are on track for October 2007. So far, there is no bad news. We've been spending the last couple of months looking at tapes and are now in the final selection process. Dan Schaarschmidt, the wonderkid editor at Research Video is putting together an array of Thaxton bits that are blowing my mind. Dan is not only a talented video editor, he is an inspiration; a young 90’s man who is actually enjoying strutting my old 60’s stuff. I can’t help but quote from the famous “Mikey” Life cereal TV commercial, “HE LIKES IT!”

The more I go through all the material, the more I appreciate those wonderguy archivists, Paul Surratt and Bill DiCicco, and everyone else at Research Video for protecting this bit of 60s history and keeping it in such good shape for all these years.

The above picture was taken by an anonymous high school student, circa 1963. This person’s thoughtful sentiment was posted on the school blackboard and I’ve chosen it for the cover of the DVD. I’ve always maintained that I really don’t care what anybody says about me, as long as they spell my name right.

I’ll keep you posted.

Stay tuned.

10 Comments:

Blogger bhone2000 said...

Fantastic Loooyd!! ;- )
It will make the perfect Xmas gift for my Sister. Now if I can just find an original Dawk doll on Ebay....

Can't wait!!
Marty

12:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MARTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

1:05 PM

 
Blogger bhone2000 said...

I'm serious about the Dawk doll!! If I remember right they had a little interchangeable sign that you could slide different cardboard slogans into.

I'll be first in line to order the DVD!!

Marrtty

6:57 PM

 
Blogger Gary said...

Everybody says they're gonna be first in line to order the DVD....well, I'm gonna say I'm going to be about 6th in line. I don't want to show how anxious I really am! HA HA HA
As for the cover, well....I wouldn't care if ROSIE O'DONNELL was on the cover...I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO COME OUT!!!
NEXT!
Gary

4:01 AM

 
Blogger Edmonston Alston said...

Will any of the black-and-white shows be on your DVD? I may be dating myself here but mostly I remember your show from the early sixties, and those shows were terrific!

8:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Marty:

If you see a Dawk doll on eBay, grab it. The DVD has a lot of funny goings on with Dawks. They might be in demand again.

To Gary:

I just hope there are five people in line. How did you know that Rosie O'Donnell was on the cover?

To Devorah:

You might be surprised (and delighted) that most all of my 60s DVD bits will be in color. KCOP was one of the first local stations to go to color. But because most people still had black & white TVs, they never knew. I think it will be a pleasure for you to see it all over again in living color.

As Gary would say, NEXT!

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Gaylel said...

Well Lloyd, I cannot wait to buy the DVD when it comes out..
Well, its about time!!!

11:41 PM

 
Blogger bkoz67 said...

I've seen picture of the Supremes on your show and one of you interviewing them after their performance holding their album 'Where Did Our Love Go' in your hand. Will this performance be included in the DVD ?
(just say yes and I'm in heaven !) Do you remember what song(s) they performed. I can't find anywhere the date of their performance on your show. Do you by any chance have a trace of this ? (in must have been between the end of 1964 and the beginning of 1965).
Thanks in advance for the informations.
bkoz67 (from France)

5:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Thaxton....I was always under the assumption that your dance show was broadcast from L.A.
Was it or am I wrong?
If not...where did it originate?
Thanks,
Brandon in L.A.
And to bkoz67 (from France)...I too remember watching The Supremes on this show---it's still a wonderful memory from waaaaay back then!

12:16 PM

 
Blogger drgon said...

i have a Dawk in the original box if anyone is interested. e-mail me at drgontamer66@hotmail.com

3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home